Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Green Hornet

So I went to see the Green Hornet today and was a little disappointed.  I say a little because my hopes weren't especially high in the first place, but it definitely let me down.  The guy they cast to play Kato, Jay Chou who is actually a huge sensation in East Asia, didn't do a proper job learning english and the film really suffers as a result.  There is just way too much Seth Rogen.  He tries admirably to pull it off as essentially a one-man duo but he ends up being more annoying than funny.  At least more than usual that is.

Also, several scenes were obviously filled for 3-D and just look odd in 2-D.  I guess if you watch it in 3-D you won't have this problem, so I guess I can't really fault the movie for that. 

Lastly, for a comedy, I just didn't think this movie was all that funny.  There were some funny bits, but as the whole, the movie was kind of boring.  I didn't care if Green Hornet and Kato were in danger, and I don't feel like the movie ever really did a good job of making it feel like they were in danger.  But maybe that's just because I've watched a lot of movies and have trouble turning my brain off to the fact that it is in fact a movie and expect certain things to happen, thereby destroying my ability to enter into the movie.  I don't know.  In any case, I would have expected a movie helmed by Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Science of Sleep) to just be better.

Anyway, how did you guys like it?  Apparently it's done pretty well at the box office, being number one opening weekend. 

Here's some more information on it.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=greenhornet.htm
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/green_hornet/
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110112/REVIEWS/110119995/1023

7 comments:

  1. i havent seen it yet ill probly wait until it gets released to dvd

    ectomorphmuscle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the info

    i must say that i don't like these 3-D movies at all

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did like the last scene when Kato shot him lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't seen it yet, Hell I just saw MacGruber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheers for the heads up dude, guess i will be saving some admission fees this weekend

    www.crackinstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to read the comics, so I'll be seeing this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seen it, it's okay at best! fun to watch, nothing deep though!

    ReplyDelete