Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I hate Stiffly Stiffersons

I want to prank them for hours in my basement...



http://tumblr.ifc.com/post/701146503/i-hate-stiffly-stiffersons


Ah, the good old days when I actually enjoyed SNL on a regular basis.  

Sorry but I didn't know how to embed the video.  I followed the embed button then copied the html, but didn't work when I previewed it.  If anyone knows how to do it, please let me know. 


Moving on, I watched an interesting movie entitled "Hell in the Pacific" yesterday.  It's about a Japanese soldier (Toshiro Mifune of Kurosawa movie fame) that gets marooned on an island alongside an American Pilot (Lee Marvin).  I enjoyed this movie because the growing connection wasn't really shoved in my face.  There weren't warm moments where one guy shows great compassion toward the other and a look of understanding comes into the enemy combatant's eyes.  There wasn't a montage of them teaching skills to each other and working as a team to create a paradise.  Because of this, I felt the relationship evolved naturally and was believable.  But if you watch this movie, be warned that it has one of the most unsatisfying endings ever.  I guess the director didn't want to be cliched, but I was like "seriously?"  Think No Country for Old Men. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063056/

I also watched and enjoyed Amelie.  It's a cute little French movie with a wonderful main character and great supporting characters to boot.  I think that's why I enjoyed this movie so much.  Not only is Amelie extremely likable, but every character has their own little quirks and you enjoy learning about them.  Also, it has a really unique feel to it, like I have never watched another movie quite like it. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/

Check them out and tell me what you think. 

2 comments: